Tuesday 6 October 2009

Of early mornings...

It has been a looooong time since I posted...And what an occasion to start posting again today...On a morning after spending a sleepless night. Could not sleep a wink. Don't know the reason. And for a sleepaholic like me, this is very frustrating experience. Just imagine, lying in the bed with a lovely retreating monsoon atmosphere outside perfectly conducive for sleeping, and unable to sleep at all. Not the first time it has happened though. It had happened once in my second year of engineering, when after lying awake went off early in the morning to have breakfast at Wadeshwar's and in the process giving my poor Dad a rude shock to see me up so early...

So, what did I do? Played random games on Facebook, did an OR assignment, shot off a mail to my I-ART members, went for a jog in the rains, had 2 cups of steaming tea in the mess, had breakfast at 0730 hrs(!),came back, read 3 newspapers, found answers to 8/10 questions and I am not yet sleepy....

As I have realized time and again, early mornings are really nice. Spent half an hour in the mess just gazing into the clouds and enjoying the cool breeze. I should make it a habit to wake up early in the morning every day, I have been deciding this since time immemorial, but have failed to implement it...let’s give it a shot again...

No comments: